Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What I like about animation.



This, far too short, animation is amazing to me! I know it really does not look like a lot, but there's so much there! The first place to start would have to be the modeling. It's freaking amazing! I use to own a chameleon and man they got it dead on. The surface of the skin is so realistic I can feel it under my fingers. I know most people would prefer animation or see it as something that is extremely exaggerated, but I don't think it's entirely necessary. I wouldn't say this is photo-realistic, but it's hyper real for an animation.
I would love to pick the animators brain just to see their process. I tend to dive into things with a little unorganized pre-production. The cuts and compositions are awesome! I just want to know how much planning went into this animation, and why a chameleon. Then again, why not? I'm also curious as to what program they used. I've worked in Autodesk Maya and this project seems possible with Maya, but I hear Studio 3D Max is easier to use.
Probably the one thing that draws me into this is the chameleon, although extremely well animated, I can't seem to get over the fact that it's a chameleon...with Chris Farley's voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment