Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Junior Final

Well this film is my junior final, and it's hard to believe I finished this a couple of weeks ago. This was my test of how I want to create my senior thesis. It's a multimedia film about zombies. These zombies are not necessarily the flesh eating kind, but instead they are just boring creates with no purpose to live. They live very ordinary lives...like most of us. Until one of their own kind is hit by a car and "dies." Upon her death she transforms into a living creature and is not excepted by the other zombies. My partner and I took this film as sort of a social commentary on humanity...not too sure of that shows through but none-the-less. The overall theme(s) are people are dead beats until something tragic happens in their lives and suddenly they feel alive and are aware of it, and most people tend to not except others that are different. I took this project as a learning curve. I conquered most if not all of my technical issues I've had in Maya and After Effects. I set up each background in Maya and used the cameras for each camera zoom through the environment. I did a little compositing in Maya but found it to be a complete head ache. Instead towards the end I did the rest in After Effects. I also enjoyed this project because I got to do a little bit of text animation and found that I really want to learn more about it. AND I found an awesome way to hinge my puppets so that they don't fall apart as most paper puppets do. All my puppets where animated analog, because I frankly just don't dig the After Effects look. Although I want to learn how to rig a puppet I've made analog in Maya. That would so awesome!!!!!! Reminds me of Flat World.

No comments:

Post a Comment